DAY 28 - BOOT CAMP

DAY 28 - 11th JULY 2015

TRAINING - BOOTCAMP & CARDIO

BOOT CAMP DURATION: 60mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 20mins

I posted yesterday saying that we had a boot camp being conducted by my usual training partner. When he first asked me, I wasn't all the keen to do it. I warmed to the idea more and more in the 24 hours I had to prepare for it and I have to say, it was amazing! I think I enjoyed the complete variety of it - we looked at doing aerobic exercises with light weights, non-stop for 60 minutes.

I thought I'd take the extra sleep this morning over the ab plate - I might do it tonight, I'll get back to you on that one.



THE WORKOUT

Because it was a class with 6 people in and it was a constant, I didn't get an opportunity to take any photos of the session. I can give you a general gist of what we did, but don't take it for gospel. Do however try and do an aerobic session at your gym; it's not something I'd normally do but like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was something different.

Generally speaking, the class would do 2-3 minutes high intensity work combining stretching, weights and general conditioning and then have a 10-20 second break.

General exercises included; Air Punches, Bicep Curls, Standing Shoulder Press, Shoulder Flies both stood up and bent over to get all parts of the deltoid working, Dumbbell Clean and Jerk, Squats, Lunges, Planks, Pushups, Sit-ups and the exercise I found hardest to finish off; Stomach Planks.

I couldn't tell you exactly what order we did them in, but they were strung together really well by aziz who made sure the work load was moderate, yet challenging. He gave people different difficulties depending on how experienced they are in the gym which proves classes like this really are suitable for everyone, just check the picture below!




THE CARDIO

Post boot camp, I was on a roll of doing new exercises. Therefore I decided to get some sprints in; an exercise I used to do back in my preseason football days that are superb for fat burning. The way I like to do mine often vary, but today I did twenty 30 second sprints. I would sprint for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds. After every sprint, I would put the speed up by .5 of a kmph for the first 10 minutes, and then do the same speed on minute 11 and then bring it down 0.5kmph every minute until 20 sprints have been completed. I like to call it 'yo-yo sprints'.

To break it down more simply, here is what I did;

Sprint 1 - 14kmph     Sprint 2 - 14.5kmph     Sprint 3 - 15kmph     Sprint 4 - 15.5kmph     Sprint 5 - 16kmph

Sprint 6 - 16.5kmph     Sprint 7 - 17kmph     Sprint 8 - 17.5kmph     Sprint 9 - 18kmph     Sprint 10 - 18.5kmph

Sprint 11 - 18.5kmph    Sprint 12 - 18kmph    Sprint 13 - 17.5kmph    Sprint 14 - 17kmph    Sprint 15 - 16.5kmph

Sprint 16 - 16kmph    Sprint 17 - 15.5kmph    Sprint 18 - 15kmph    Sprint 19 - 14.5kmph    Sprint 20 - 14kmph




THE DIET

Cereals aren't ideal, but often practical and 2 bowls today goes against what I'm about to say buuuuut, I just wanted to write quickly to say that although no guarantees, I'm looking to try and cut out as much sugar as I can in the last 5 days to try and at least look a bit more ripped by the time I fly home.

Meal 1
  • 1 Large bowl Fitness cereal
Meal 2
  • 1 Small Bowl Fitness Cereal
  • 200g Chicken Breast
  • 100g Rice
  • 100g Broccoli 
Meal 3

  • 100g Chicken
  • 50g Rice
  • 1 Mini burger
  • 1 Small salad
  • 5 Marshmallows
FINAL THOUGHTS

A really enjoyable day today that caps off week 4. Honestly, I would recommend to anyone to go and give a class a shot. I would never normally have done it if it wasn't my training partner taking the session but like I said, I really enjoyed it and offerers something different to a normal weights session. 28 days down, 4 to go!


W1 D7 - DAY 7 OVERALL


W3 D7. DAY 21 OVERALL

W2 D7. DAY 14 OVERALL
W4 D7. DAY 28 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates